Low-Carb Tamales - Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, low-carb tamales. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Low-Carb Tamales is probably the favorite food menus that are being sought by many people people over the internet. When you are the one who needs the recipe information, then this is the right website page. We convey the steps to how cooking combined with ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can easily cook Low-Carb Tamales using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Low-Carb Tamales
- You need of Tamale dough.
- It's 1-1/2 cup of almond flour.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of lard.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 1 pound of chicken breast.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground paprika.
- It's 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It's 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It's 1/3 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It's of Wrapping.
- Prepare As needed of Banana leaves.
- It's As needed of butchers twine.
Low-Carb Tamales detail by detail
- Boil the cup of water with the chicken in it. When done pull it apart. You can also use beef.
- Heat the oil add the onions and spices. Sauté till onions are soft. Add the chicken..
- Mix the flours and the other dough ingredients..
- Add 2 tablespoons of dough to a piece of leaf..
- Add some of the filling to the center of the dough on the leaf. Fold the leaf into a package. Make sure the dough covers the filling..
- Fold again and tie the twine. Add to the steamer. Steam for 30 minutes..
- Let rest 5 minutes then serve. Remove from leaf I hope you enjoy!! I served with salsa verde..
- My leaves were tattered a bit it was hard to work with. Caused some of my Tamales to crack a bit one actually crumbled..
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food low-carb tamales recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I'm sure you can make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!