Vickys Date & Raisin Squares, GF DF EF SF NF - Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, vickys date & raisin squares, gf df ef sf nf. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Date & Raisin Squares, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the favorite food menus that will be sought by many people people from the internet. In case you are the one who is looking for the recipe information, then this can be the right website page. We convey the steps to how to cook together with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can easily cook Vickys Date & Raisin Squares, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Date & Raisin Squares, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 230 grams of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine / butter.
- Prepare 135 grams of gluten-free rolled oats.
- You need 160 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Get 120 grams of light brown sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of bicarb / baking soda.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of xantham gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 220 grams of pitted, chopped dates.
- It's 45 grams of raisins.
- You need 160 ml of water.
- Make ready 70 grams of granulated white sugar.
Vickys Date & Raisin Squares, GF DF EF SF NF detail by detail
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line an 8"x 8" square cake tin with parchment paper.
- Combine the margarine, oats, flour, brown sugar, bicarb of soda, xanthan gum if using and salt in a large bowl and knead together. If using plain flour only add 200g of the butter.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the bottom of the lined tin until well packed down and set the other half aside. It can be a bit hard to spread the mixture to meet the sides so I put my hand inside a small ziplock bag and it helps pat it out without it all sticking to you.
- Put the chopped dates and raisins in a saucepan with the white sugar and water.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 - 10 minutes or until the water has mostly evaporated leaving a date paste in the pan.
- Spread the paste over the packed oat mixture.
- Press the rest of the oat mixture that was set aside on top of the date paste. It's easier if you break pieces of dough off and pat them flat between your palms and put them on top like a patchwork quilt. Then pat the whole surface down when you're finished.
- Bake for 30 minutes then let cool completely before slicing into squares.
So that's going to wrap this up for this special food vickys date & raisin squares, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!