Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF - Hello everybody, it's Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, vickys lemon poppy seed cake, gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the favorite food menus that are increasingly being sought by a lot of people from the internet. In case you are the one that is seeking the recipe information, then this is actually the right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to smoke along with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You may have Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- It's of Dry Ingredients.
- It's 230 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Make ready 170 grams of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of poppy seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of (scant) xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 240 ml of coconut milk / milk of choice - 3 tablespoons extra for gluten-free flour.
- Get 80 ml of melted sunflower spread / butter.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Make ready 1 of zest of 1 whole lemon.
- You need 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Lemon Glaze.
- Prepare 125 grams of icing sugar.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Take of water.
Instructions to make Vickys Lemon Poppy Seed Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line an 8"cake tin or a 9" x 5" loaf tin.
- Zest and juice a whole lemon. You'll need some of the juice for the cake and some for the icing.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients including the lemon zest in another.
- Mix the wet into the dry and stir until smooth.
- Pour into the tin and bake 30 - 35 minutes for a cake tin and 40 - 45 minutes for a loaf tin or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- To make the glaze add 1 & 1/2 tbsps lemon juice into the icing sugar and mix until combined. Add more lemon juice or water a few drops at a time to thin down to your desired taste and consistency.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake. The cleanest way is to put some parchment paper or clingfilm underneath the cooling rack then once the glaze sets you can just throw the paper away.
- Slice and enjoy!.
So that's going to wrap this up for this special food vickys lemon poppy seed cake, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!